Required CE For Brokers and Supervisors – 6 Hours – TREC Approval Number #44547
The Broker Responsibility course provides information concerning the regulatory aspects of the management, operation and supervision of a real estate brokerage firm in Texas. The course provides an understanding and working knowledge of a broker’s responsibilities and obligations under 22 TAC §532.2, which sets out specific requirements and best practices for brokers.
The following persons are required to take the Broker Responsibility course:
- A broker who sponsors sales agents;
- A designated broker of a business entity who sponsors sales agents; and
- A license holder who is a delegated supervisor of one or more license holders.
NOTE: A real estate license holder who is not required to take the Broker Responsibility course may take this course and receive six hours toward continuing education (CE) requirements.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Use of the Term “Broker” in this Manual
- Who Is Required to Take This Course?
- Why is This Course Required?
- How To Utilize this Manual
- “Is There a Law About That?” Broker Responsibility in Statute and Rule
- Rules Spotlight: Fiduciary Responsibilities as a Broker
- Chapter 2: Delegated Supervisors & Teams
- Delegated Supervisors
- Managing a Supervising Team Leader
- Broker Associates
- Chapter 3: Ensuring Competency & Training for Agents
- Subject-Matter Competency (Specializations)
- Geographic Competency
- TREC Contract Form Competency
- One Rule Fits All
- Training & Coaching
- The Broker’s Policy and Procedure Manual – An Essential
- Training For Success
- Supervision Components & Compliance Issues for Teams
- Commission Above Competency & Fiduciary, Seriously?
- Chapter 4: Practical Application Related to Required
- Consumer Protection Notice 101
- Are Your Posts & Links Readily Noticeable?
- IABS – Information About Brokerage Services Form &
Representation Disclosure Under Occupations Code §1101.558
- Anatomy of the IABS
- Licensing Requirements for Business Entity Brokers
- Chapter 5: Additional Broker Responsibilities
- TREC Required Policies and Procedures for Brokers
- Additional Requirements of TREC Rule §535.2 Related to
Record Keeping and Timely Response
- Naming Criteria and Registration of DBAs and Team Names
- Succession Planning – Have a Plan!
- Property Management and Trust Accounts
- Chapter 6: TREC Enforcement & Broker Responsibility
- TREC Enforcement
- File a Complaint!
- How Does TREC Discipline a License Holder?
- Broker Responsibility: Raising the Bar